Completed On : 19/12/2019 | Sector :
Decommission, strip out and modify the existing electrical and associated services within the existing school to allow the demolition of the existing school building fronting Walstead Road West and the construction of replacement accommodation with a new two storey steel framed brick clad building.
The new building provides a replacement entrance and reception, including new admin facilities and a clear link to the school site as a whole. Teaching accommodation has been replaced in the form of general teaching classrooms, music rooms and ICT spaces with associated stores, practice rooms and ancillary facilities. A new Library Resource Centre, school hall, kitchen and dining as well as sixth form spaces has also be provided as part of the new build in a far more cohesive manner than the existing building.
The project involved the design, co-ordination, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the electrical services scheduled below -
- Supply and Installation of new MCCB switch panel served from new independently metered low voltage supply connected to the local electrical distribution network.
- New Sub Mains Distribution, Containment Systems, Earthing & Bonding.
- Lightning and surge Protection systems.
- Facilities for the Disabled.
- Security and Access Control Systems.
- Lighting, Emergency and External Lighting with automatic control systems for occupancy detection and daylight dimming.
- Fire Detection, alarm and life safety systems.
- Cat 6 structured voice / data systems and fibre backbone cabling.
- Closed Circuit CCTV Surveillance System.
- Utility Power systems including connections to all FF&E equipment.
- Testing, commission, labelling, certification and provision of operations and maintenance manuals.
R.D. Jukes & Co. Ltd. worked collaboratively with the Principle Contractor, Clients representatives, other contractors and our supply chain to successfully deliver this prestigious local project.