Completed On : 8/12/2017 | Sector :
Electrical and associated services design, supply, installation, test and commissioning, in connection with the prestigous, major refurbishment of the library, which will enable a variety of flexible study areas, a lecture theatre that can be converted to a 'moot room' to carry out practice court sessions, as well as an advanced liguistics suite with a number of translation booths.
The Library building consists of two towers which join at first floor level. Ground floor level between the towers consists of external space with the upper floors (ground – third) being the main usable spaces, with meeting spaces and WC’s situated in the towers. The basement plant level to the towers is joined by an undercroft which is used to route some of the services.
The project incorporated the following works -
- Design of Electrical Services
- Sub Mains Distribution TVSS & Earthing.
- Lighting with scene setting, linear recessed LED luminaires and LED downlights to provide desk lighting., emergency lighting (Central Battery System) & external lighting.
- General Small Power with underfloor systems.
- All associated Containment systems infrastructure.
- Room Booking System.
- Specialist / Linguistics AV Translation System
- Fire Detection, Alarm and DeafWatch System.
- Disabled call and Refuge Systems.
- Intruder Alarm System.
- Access Control System.
- Closed circuit television Surveillance System.
- Voice/Data Installation.
- TV/Radio System.
- Test, inspection and commissioning of installed services.