Completed On : 18/8/2017 | Sector :
Project Summary -
R.D. Jukes provided the electrical and associated services installations involved with the construction of a new steel framed 2 storey english and maths teaching block with bespoke teacher training facility at Barr Beacon School, Aldridge, Walsall.
The building was fitted out to provide classrooms, offices, meeting rooms. Our electrical works included, Sub mains distribution, small power, lighting complete with automatic lighting controls to achieve presence and daylight dimming, Emergency lighting system, external lighting, fire alarm, access control, Cat 6 structured and fibre backbone cabling, complete systems to comply with Approved Document M, Utility Power systems including connections to all FF&E equipment, lightning protection and surge suppression systems.
The project involved the co-ordination, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the electrical services scheduled below -
- Installation of new MCCB switch panel served from new incoming LV supply.
- Installation of metered final MCB lighting and power distribution boards located within electrical risers.
- Complete 400V distribution installation including main switchboards, sub distribution boards and associated cabling systems.
- Final circuitry distribution equipment and associated cabling installations.
- General lighting c/w automatic lighting controls to achieve presence and daylight dimming.
- Classroom lighting consisting of LED panels integrated into LPHW heating rafts supplied and installed by RDJ
- Emergency lighting system including an manual testing system.
- Provision of new external lighting to the perimeter of new build and external ampitheatre.
- Fire alarm and life safety systems including disabled refuge system and of alarm receiving connection.
- Access control systems.
- Intruder Alarm system.
- CCTV system.
- Cat 6 structured, including internal copper and fibre backbone cabling.
- Installation of complete systems to comply with Approved Document M i.e. accessible WC alarm system.
- Utility Power systems including connections to all FF&E equipment.
- Provision of lightning protection and surge suppression systems.
- Containment installations throughout.
- Test and commissioning of installed systems
- Provision of Building, Operations and Maintenance manuals.